Prospect Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Prospect. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Prospect event simply Login
Events in and around Prospect
As a tourist, finding exciting events and activities to do in a new place is always a welcomed challenge. You want to explore the local culture and soak up the atmosphere of your destination. If you happen to be in the region of Prospect in South Australia, you’ll be glad to know that the area has a lot to offer in terms of seasonal fun and excitement.
Here are some of the top events and activities to look out for:
1. The Adelaide Fringe Festival: This event takes place annually from February to March, and it’s an excellent opportunity to experience some of the best art and performances that South Australia has to offer. There are over 1200 shows to choose from, including comedy, music, theatre, and dance performances.
2. The Womadelaide Festival: If you’re interested in world music and culture, the Womadelaide Festival is a must-visit. Over four days in March, the Botanic Park hosts over 500 artists from around the globe. You’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in various cultures, listen to traditional music, taste different foods, learn traditional dances, and view art from all over the world.
3. The Adelaide Cup: Horse racing is a popular sport in Australia, and the Adelaide Cup is one of the biggest horse racing events in the country. It takes place annually on the second Monday in March at the Morphettville Racecourse.
4. The Royal Adelaide Show: This event takes place annually in September and is one of the largest agricultural shows in the country. It features local produce, livestock, and fun rides and attractions. If you’re interested in experiencing the rich cultural heritage of Adelaide and South Australia, this is a must-visit event.
5. The Adelaide Beer & BBQ Festival: This event is a celebration of local and international beer and barbeque. It takes place annually in July and features over 70 brewers and 30 pit-masters who offer delicious food and refreshing drinks.
6. The Tour Down Under: This is a cycling race that takes place annually in January and is the biggest cycling event in the southern hemisphere. It’s a great opportunity to watch top cyclists from around the world competing against each other.
Apart from these main events, there are several other activities that you can participate in throughout the year. For instance, you can visit the Adelaide Zoo to see exotic animals or go on a cultural tour of the city to learn about the history of Adelaide and its people.
To find out more about these events or to book your tickets, you can contact the South Australia Tourism Commission on (08) 8463 4500. They will be happy to provide you with more information and help you plan your perfect South Australian holiday.